Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Nathan 2 months

Nathan turned 2 months a couple of days ago! Its crazy how fast time goes, but then at the same time I can't believe that just about 9 weeks ago I was in Thailand, in the hospital in labor. It seems so much longer ago than that, and it seems weird now to think of our family without Nathan. He is such a precious, precious baby. He just has the sweetest nature and he loves to smile! (except for pictures). Especially when he wakes up in the morning, he just gives us these huge, mouth-wide-open smiles that just light up his entire face! Oh how they make this Mommy's heart melt :)

He is also a pretty good sleeper. He goes to sleep normally around 9ish and then doesn't wake up until 4:30 or 5am, and then goes right back to sleep until about 7:30 or 8. He is definitely quite a bit bigger than Elijah was at this age. He is already almost grown out of alot of his 0-3 month clothes!
He has lost quite a bit of his hair too, except in the very back. We still can't tell what color it will be when it grows back. We have been shocked, though, as we've noticed that his eyes continue to get more blue!! We thought that Elijah having blue eyes was such a fluke, since neither Daniel nor I nor our parents have blue eyes. But there is a gene somewhere back there that is pretty dominant, because it looks like Nathan will have blue eyes too!
Elijah loves nothing better than to kiss his little brother on his nose.
At least 1 million times a day :)


I wanted to get some good brother shots this morning, but we had to take a milk break right in the middle of our photo shoot :) Elijah loves his "mulk"

And, it appears from these photos that Nathan also got the oh-so-dominant "big-head" gene from the Johnston side of the family! haha! All of my parents' grandchildrens' heads rank in the 95% (at least!). So funny! (and oh so cute!)

I love to think about these two growing up together. I know they will fight, but I also know that they will love each other, and I can't wait to see all of that unfold. I'm so thankful for my precious boys :)

blog stuff

3 comments:

mom said...

Oh Caanon the pictures are so great. Nathan looks like he has grown so much since I left( and it has only been a week and a half.) He is so precious. I love the picture of Elijah drinking his milk. Oh that guy is so cute. There Nana sure does miss them. Thanks for the pictures and please keep them coming. I love you.
Mom

The Johnston Family Tradition said...

These are such cute pictures Caanon! I think the one of Elijah kissing Nathan looks so much like Ethan leaning over! Whoa! I am so glad you posted some more pics. I agree with Nana, keep them coming! We love getting to see them grow.

Kelly said...

he is tooo cute! I didnt know that neither one of you had blues eyes... how funny. and big heads means big brains, right?!