Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Encouragement

Good morning! (well, its my morning anyways! You all are probably getting ready to go to bed!) I only have a minute, but I read something this morning that so challenged and encouraged me that I just had to share it will you.

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world--the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and the pride in possessions--is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."
1 John 2:15-17

I don't know about you, but there are many days where I love this world and my possessions (or things I want to possess) a little too much, and I love our precious Lord too little. What a waste of time! Everything in this world is temporary, but God is eternal, and He has paradise waiting for me. Why should we waste our hearts on things that will not last?

I pray you are blessed and challenged by God's Word today, as I have been.
blog stuff

1 comment:

Emily said...

thank you for that encouragement today! how i need to remember it!