Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I've got a problem...

...a slurpee problem.

These sweet little treats are becoming a daily habit around our house. The jingle "Oh thank heaven for 7-11..." comes to mind right now.

I rarely ever went to a 7-11 in the states, I just never had much of a reason to. But here, oh my, the workers know us by name (and we know their names!) There is a 7-11 attached to our apartment building, just right out the front gate. Is it incredibly sad that sometimes I schedule my day a certain way so that at just the right time (mid-afternoon perhaps) I happen to pass by the 7-11? Or that then I just happen to go in (since I was there anyways) and after perusing a little bit (to seem like I might be interested in other things, so they don't think that I'm a total weirdo), casually get my slurpee?

Its funny the things that bring some comfort when you miss home (these things are almost always something edible). For some reason this indulgence makes us feel a little bit closer to the good ole' US of A. And, at the equivalent of about 70 cents per cup, its a pretty cheap habit!

blog stuff

4 comments:

Anissa said...

I completely understand! I was just thinking this morning about finding a new "indulgence". You know, that thing you snuggle up to while enjoying a nice conversation with an old friend. Mine used to be Cherry Coke (also courtesy of 7-11!). But health and babies have outlawed that one! So hmmm... maybe I'll start heading for the slurpee machine instead. So can slurpees and your relationship with 7-11 clerks be considered outreach?

The Jungs said...

I would have to say that it can DEFINITELY be outreach! What I'm learning is that everything we do, everywhere we go, should be considered outreach because we are interacting with others. It is totally a bonus, because we don't have to "fit" something else in (sharing our faith) the schedule, its built in to everything we have to do!

And, I'm not sure if they have this flavor in the states, but the other day Daniel brought home a green apple flavored slurpee and it was so good! That is a good alternative to the one with coke in it

Kari Sanchez said...

That is funny. It's great that you have so many conviences near you. I'd be doing the same thing if I were you. I love me some slurpees :)

Kristi said...

Hmmmmm, I craved Slurpees all the time when I was pregnant with Rachel. :-)