I just have to be honest, this was one of the best vacations we've had. You see, Daniel and I are very different, so naturally we want two different things out of a vacation. He wants adventure, and I want ease and relaxation. Its not a vacation for Daniel unless he has hiked something, ridden something (this could be anything from motorcycle to jet ski), fished for something, etc. And its not a vacation for me unless I've had at least 24-48 hours of total relaxation. Not going many places, not having a schedule, not exerting too much energy. Those two things don't mix well most of the time, so normally on our vacations one of us has to compromise some and try really hard to enjoy the other one's "ideal" vacation.
Well, not this time! We relaxed a TON by the pool, ate at places close to the hotel so we didn't have to travel far, took strolls on the beach, took naps (all of these are MY ideal vacation), and then one afternoon Daniel rented a moped and had his adventure exploring the more rural areas outside of the town! He came back so excited about what he had seen. He took the moped out several more times and LOVED every minute of it. So, we both felt like we had gotten all we could out of our vacation! Such an amazing blessing!
It was so nice because most of the times we went to the pool we were the only ones there! I don't want to be a recluse or anything, but sometimes its nice on vacations to just not be around crowds of people (especially when those crowds of people have never seen a caucasian child and they all want to touch him/coo at him/talk really loudly to him/take pictures of him. Its VERY hard to relax when that is going on :) So we were thankful for the solitude!
Here is Elijah swimming in the ocean for the first time! Daniel said he really liked it. From the beach I could see him just splashing and smiling the whole time.
Here is a woman selling jewelry on the beach. These women were serious about selling too, let me tell you! We had one woman (who I had purchased some bracelets from an hour before) literally CHASE us down when we were going back to our hotel hollering "pianyi! pianyi!" (cheap! cheap!) haha! I love the hats that they wear though! So cool and very cultural.



No comments:
Post a Comment