Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy 28th Birthday Caanon! Love - Daniel


This is Daniel writing, and for those of you who read our blog, you know I've never written on it, but I wanted to write Caanon a tribute on this special day to bless her and thank her for being such an incredible wife to me and mother to my son.

Although there are many great things I could say about my wife, I thought it best to share just a few of the thousands of ways that God reveals Himself to me (and others) through her life.

God reveals His pure heart through her - When we first got married I kept trying to find ulterior motives behind her actions because most people have them, it took me about 2 years to realize that she doesnt. When she does something there is no hidden agenda, what you see is what you get.

Jesus displays His consistence to me through her - Perseverance is probably the hardest virtue I can think of having because day in and day out it takes continually doing what you know is right when you don't feel like it - she does this by her cooking, cleaning, changing diapers, feeding bottles, learning the language, dealing with a foreign culture, haivng her devotional time, making our house a home, keeping family and friends updated on our lives, waking up at nights and mornings to care for our son, and on and on.

He displays His sacrificial love through her - Marriage and parenting God's way requires self-sacrificing - Caanon does this with such grace and joy.

God displays His care through her - She is the best listener I've ever known, sometimes it frustrates me how everyone wants to tell her about what they're dealing with and not me, but it's because they feel loved by her because she knows how to listen well.

God displays His kindness through her. Everyone who meets Caanon loves her, she has got to be one of the sweetest people on planet earth - I love that about her!

The Lord displays His patience in her. Most people can't say this about those who are closest to them, but I can honestly say that Caanon has never yelled at me in anger.

Jesus Christ displays His obedience to His Father through her. Moving = Stress, we have moved 7 times in 3.5 years, but she has continually chosen to "embrace" Christ's will in every decision we have made to move, obeying Him even through the difficulties.

Jesus displays His intercession for us through her. When Caanon prays, things happen, she has the gift of intercession and I'm so thankful for it because eternal things are accomplished through her prayers.

I don't have time or space to mention all the ways that God reveals Himself to me through her beauty, her parents and family, her hobbies, her likes and dislikes, her love for serenity, etc.

For these reasons and thousands more, I praise my God for giving me His best!
Happy Birthday Baby!

Love, Daniel

4 comments:

Becky said...

I wholeheartedly agree! What an awesome treasure God has given all of us through Caanon! Happy Birthday girly!! I remember your 25th. Do you?? Miss y'all bunches and praying for you too!

Kari Sanchez said...

Daniel, that was so sweet and thoughtful. You both are such an amazing couple and together you do great things. Happy Birthday Caanon!

To God be the glory... said...

Caanon, this was probably the best gift of all, huh? It was so sweet Daniel. You are pretty incredible yourself. Anyone that can sit by me on that flight to Bolivia had to be very patient. I was so exhausted and crammed in the middle of two men. One that was blocking my way to the aisle and could not speak any English and then you blocking my view of the outside world. Keep making wonderful memories! Belinda

The Johnston Family Tradition said...

Caanon-
I have been meaning to comment on this post from Daniel. Wow, this is how a Christian woman wants to be loved and cherished by her husband. Truly being loved as Christ loves the church. God Bless you both and I love you both so much! It is a blessing beyond blessings to have your husband share how much he treasures you in the way that the Lord intended marriage to be shared. Congrats on another birthday, may the next year find you closer to the Lord and truly basking in His grace and mercy! Love you!