Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving

These are the beautiful plates (and matching napkins) that Shawnie sent us...

Here's Mom working hard...

I actually have NO IDEA what Elijah is carrying here. But isn't he so precious??


The boys doing what boys do on Thanksgiving, watching TV! Except for normally they watch football, but there is no football here they are watching Batman Begins

Yummy chocolate cake, deviled eggs, and grapes

Dad got to go first... I was afraid he wasn't going to leave us any, but he was kind and left a few morsels for the rest of us ;)

Yummy cheesy potatoes, greenbeans, and cranberry sauce

Digging in!

Yay for family!!

Mom and I resting for a little bit

Yes, I know, I'm a little bit late in posting about Thanksgiving..., but time and energy have been a bit scarce these past couple of weeks. Today is a great day though, and I'm so happy to show you these pictures! It was SUCH a blessing to have Mom and Dad here for the holiday. Mom is a great cook and she made us (I helped a tiny bit) some great food. Shawnie had sent all we needed for the meal in a package a couple of weeks before, so we were all set. We had to start cooking the day before (which is normal, I know), because we only have 2 burners on the stove and a really, really small oven! Mom did awesome at timing everything though, it all turned out fabulous. We have SO MUCH to be thankful for!
blog stuff

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to see t-day had deviled eggs and the cranberries! What a wild world we live in. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Kelly said...

what a great blessing, I am so glad your mom & dad got to come spend time with you guys! I love the pics!

Kari Sanchez said...

I bet it feels wonderful that you had your parents there. I know it did for me when my parents would visit us for the holidays when we were out of state. Glad you had a blessed Thanksgiving!