Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Well, I've not been the most consistent and keeping Thankful Thursday here on the blog. And even now, as I type this, it is Friday. I feel like these past few weeks have been just crazy, and blogging is one of the first things to go when I'm busy.

And I have to be honest, I'm not in a very thankful mood right now. I think I could write a pretty good bit tonight complaining though. Do you ever have those days?

But, we are commanded to "rejoice in the Lord always". During the easy times and during the tough times, the command is the same.

So, today (well, tonight) I am asking God to help me take my sinful, negative thoughts captive and think on the ABUNDANT BLESSINGS that God has graciously given to me, and how He is using days like today to sharpen me and mold me to be more like Him. (just to clarify, today was not a horrible day, just an exhausting one).

I am so thankful for all of the emails from home we've received these past 2 days. I don't think I can fully explain to you just how encouraging it is to hear from home! We miss knowing what is going on in people's lives, and we're so so thankful that some of you have written us and let us know how you are doing and what you need prayer for. We praise the Lord for you all!
blog stuff

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Keep looking up, dear one! We are so in awe of you and the work you are allowing God to do through you. Be encouraged, you are surrounded by many, many prayer warriors.

Emily said...

love you and miss you a ton- and love "keeping up" with you on here! long days happen- but you are right- we are commanded to be thankful! Col. 4:2- "Devote yourself to prayer, then, being watchful and thankful."