Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Family Heirloom

Many of you reading this probably don't know Daniel's grandfather, "Papa". Well, Papa is a phenomenal wood worker. In the almost 5 years that I have known him I have been continually amazed at all of the things he has created from wood in his life.

Airplanes, chess boards, cars, picture frames....the list could go on and on. And these items don't look like homemade items. They are UNBELIEVABLY beautiful.

I have so badly wanted Elijah to have some of the things that Papa has made, mainly because Papa puts so much of himself into every piece, and I feel like it would help Elijah to have some of his Papa right here with him.

We were so excited a few weeks ago when we opened a package from home, and there in the box (among other goodies) was a wooden car from Papa! I took a jillion pictures, these are just a couple of the good ones. Elijah somewhat enjoys playing with it now, but doesn't seem to understand what to do with it yet. I have a feeling here in a few months, it will be a favorite...

Thank you so much Papa, for all of the beautiful things you have crafted. We will always cherish them.



blog stuff

1 comment:

David said...

I Saw that at the house before it was sent and wondered if I was for him. :D I need to send you guys some of the wood eggs I made. :D