I decided today that the blog needed a new look. In the entire existence of the blog (more than 2 years I believe) I have strived to keep the decor gender-neutral (at the request of the hubby). But, today, I was just feeling really girly. And since he is not very interested in the blog---at all---I thought that a minor deviation from the "gender-neutral" decor was acceptable :) I think I was inspired to "redecorate" because I did some "blog cruising" and saw some really really cute ones, with lots of personalized things added and such. I thought "Man, I want to try to do that." So I began to try and do that, and discovered that it is VERY time consuming, especially for me since I have NO idea what I'm doing.
So, I quit trying and just did some more cruising. If you don't know it already, there is a "mommy-blog" phenomenon happening. Moms (its actually not just moms, its women in general) all over the states blog about everything from family life and recipes to decorating and photography and the Lord, and alot more. I don't let myself "cruise" very often, because once I start I have a hard time stopping! I go from one to the next to the next (I don't know any of these women, of course). Well, thats what happened today during my son's 2 1/2 hour nap (praise the Lord! He NEVER sleeps that long). I don't know why it is so fun, but there is something about learning about other people's "Journey's" that is so....interesting, for lack of a better word. It can also be a great blessing. Some tell about great sufferings they've endured, but have kept the faith.
Besides "redecorating", there was another thing that inspired me today. One sweet woman declared every Thursday to be "Thankful Thursday" on her blog. This really resonated with me, because I've been trying to be a more thankful child (to my Father). I tend to let my mind be consumed with thoughts of what I don't have and what I want, rather than the abundant blessings that have been showered over me. None of which I have earned or deserve! So, I want to do something like Thankful Thursday. I just want to express my thanks to God in a public way, for His glory, and hopefully for the building up of the Body, on Thursdays. And I would love it if you would leave me a comment telling me something that you are thankful for too, I think it will be really encouraging for everyone who reads. (all 5 of you! haha!)
So, I hope you all enjoy my more "girly" blog. Can't wait till Thursday!
P.S. I might forget Thankful Thursdays sometimes, I have to be honest. I'm not known for my outstanding memory :) I hopefully won't forget to be thankful, just forget the posting-on-the-blog part


1 comment:
Very cute blog:)
Belinda
Post a Comment