Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 21, 2009

Local Wet Market - this post is not for those with squeamish tummies

Again, I repeat.

Not for those with squeamish tummies.

A very common sight here. A small little food stand with all the meat hanging in the window.

The produce part of the wet market


frogs...

You might be having a hard time identifying this one.
Its SCORPIONS.
LIVE SCORPIONS.
Ok, its just really hard for me to believe that people actually EAT scorpions. I mean, how? why? when? where? Are they a good little afternoon snack, or are they dessert???
No market is complete without snakes. This was only 2 of like 15 snake tanks.
Is anybody out there hungry yet?? :)
Explanation:
Last week Daniel had to go to the police station to do some routine paperwork, and on his way he discovered a wet market - an outdoor market that sells fresh produce, meat, noodles and rice, and other assorted things. He took me back to it a couple of days later, and it was probably one of the most memorable experiences that I've had so far. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

5 comments:

The Johnston Family Tradition said...

Horrified. Just horrified. You have to be pretty desperate to eat a scorpion. Or a snake for that matter.

Kari Sanchez said...

OMG That is discusting!! The snakes were the worst! I can't imagine the smell! EEWWW

Anonymous said...

Ewwww...

Kristen said...

Oh my heavens...we THOUGHT we might come visit you guys someday, but now I'm not so sure. I think we'll have to stick with McDonald's delivery!

David said...

I dare you to put your hand in the scorpion bowl. :D