Well, one of my biggest fears hit this week. We found out yesterday that Elijah has RSV (a respiratory virus that can be very very serious). I know that worrying does no good, but I have seriously been dreading winter ever since Elijah was born because I was afraid of him getting this. Last month he got a really croupy cough and it wasn't RSV, so I thought we were in the same boat this time, but I was wrong.
The poor thing is wheezing and coughing and can't breath through his nose because it is so congested. We are giving him nebulizer treatments every 4 hours and those seem to be doing something. He actually seems to feel better today although he doesn't sound better. He's been sleeping in his swing because when he lays flat for a long period of time he gets choked on mucus. And last night he slept in his swing like normal, but he got to be in Mommy and Daddy's room! Daniel and I both just wanted to keep a really close eye on him to make sure he did okay with the albuterol and the pulmicort (the meds that are in the nebulizer). I know that I slept some, but it was really light because I was listening for his breathing all night. He slept well though, and only woke up a little bit when we did his breathing treatment at midnight.
Its so hard to see my precious punkin sick like this! I wish that there was something more I could do, but its just got to work its way out of him. So until that happens we'll be using the big-bad booger sucker to clean out his nose and giving breathing treatments. Please pray that God will restore his health quickly!


3 comments:
Oh bummer! I'm sorry to hear that little man is sick! Nebulizer treatments aren't fun...we have to give Christopher his every morning. Thankfully, he receives a vaccination to prevent RSV once a month during the winter. Hope he recovers soon and also that you guys can get some rest.
Definately praying.
Hey this is Kimberly, posting as John. Sorry to hear your little guy is sick :( Evelyn hasn't had RSV, but has been in the hospital twice for breathing issues...she's on pulmicort 2x a day now and we have xopenex for when she is really wheezy/coughing. So I know a little about what you are going through, hang in there!
Post a Comment