- On the cab ride from the airport to our hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica, I threw up 3 times out the rear window. (I was air sick with a horrible headache and our cab driver was a maniac. I kept saying "lo siento, lo siento" to the driver. He DEFINTELY had to go run his poor cab through the car wash afterwards. I'm sure this was exactly how Daniel had dreamed his honeymoon would begin! haha)
- The next day my bag (my ONLY bag) got lost on a small flight out into a remote part of the country. I was told that it they would take care of it and it would probably beat me to our final destination. Well, 3 days later it arrived. What did I do for those 3 days?? I wore my husbands clothes. Yes, even his underwear. Nice.
- The day after my bag arrived and I finally felt like a girl again I came down with the most severe streph throat I've ever had, and it lasted until we got home.
It was definitely a rough trip, but I've got to give props to my hubby for being and awesome travel agent. He found some really beautiful places for us to go to and he did such an incredible job planning! And he was so wonderful through all of the catastropies. We had so much fun despite all of that. Here are some pictures!
The Pacific Coast from our small 20-passenger plane
A river through the rain forest
The airport in Sierpe! Yes, seriously, this was the airport. One room and a covered cement slab.
Us riding on that river through the rainforest on our way to "Poor Man's Paradise"
Trekking through the rainforest
Enjoying the beach
Snorkeling at Cano Island...we saw a shark!
Just chillin' at our rainforest bungalow. I had just gotten my bag, so I was finally wearing girl clothes!
Standing on a famous bridge that always has these HUGE alligators beneath it
Getting ready to do the zip line through a cloud forest in Monte Verde.
I can't believe that its been three years already. We've experienced so much in these three years. We've lived in Texas, then California, then Texas again, had multiple job changes, had a child, and the whole time have been preparing to live overseas, which is coming up pretty quick. So I guess I feel like we've had more than 3 years worth of life in these past 3 years, but God has been so so good to us! He's blessed us far more abundantly that we deserve. I'm so thankful for the wonderful husband I've been given and I can't wait to see what year #4 has in store!


1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! Wow what an adventurous honeymoon and bless your heart with all the incidents but from the pictures it looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment