We had some of our closest friends, the Shuler's, come and visit us this weekend, and what a huge blessing they were. On Saturday morning we went and played putt-putt. I had no idea that 18 holes of putt-putt golf could be quite so exhausting, but I still managed to place 3rd overall (Daniel was 4th! haha, he hates it when I beat him). We were so thankful that the Shuler's got to come, they are always so much fun and such an encouragement. What precious kiddos they have too! Really some of the best kids I've ever been around. They will be wonderful examples for our little BB Jung to watch. Here are some pictures of our putt-putt game. We love you Shuler family!







Baby News:
Well, our appointment at the doctor this week was VERY encouraging! He said that we are 80% effaced and dilated to a 1. I don't know what kind of time frame we are looking at, but it was so good to hear that something was actually happening! And it was a little sobering too, because I realized that it could really happen at anytime. We could enter into actual parenthood tonight possibly, and that is so so crazy. But I feel ready, and actually am starting to feel excited about going into labor and the whole delivery process. For weeks I couldn't even talk about it, but I feel that the Lord is taking that fear and anxiousness and replacing it with joy and excitement. Thank goodness!
Some not so good news that we received at the doctor is that he is going to be out of town all this next week, so if we go into labor anytime from now until next Sunday someone else will deliver BB Jung. Which, is okay, because the Lord has our child's life (and mine) in His hands, but it was still kind of shocking news. And, since he is going to be gone, I don't get to go to the doctor this coming week, so we won't know how much progress we are making! I don't think this man understands exactly how this suspense is going to kill me. I mean, how can he sleep at night on some tropical island while his very pregnant-about-to-pop patient is just waiting, not knowing what kind of progress we've made this week????? I know I know, he needs to have a life too, but why did he have to choose now of all times to be gone for a week??
I do have a prayer request for you guys. Please pray for Daniel this week, he has got so much on his plate. Besides working at UPS at 4 every morning, he has got some big projects around the house that he is wanting to finish before the baby comes (tiling our bathroom, getting all of the new doors ready to hang in the house, which involves ALOT of stuff), and he starts his job at the church this week so he has to prepare to teach the youth for the first time on Wednesday night. Plus, being that he is the greatest husband/daddy on earth, he has been helping me around the house with chores that are becoming more difficult for me to do. So, if you think about it, please pray for him that God would give him energy and strength and joy this week amid the craziness, and that God would show me how I can be the best help meet for him during this time. Thanks so much!


4 comments:
i love the new blog settings!!
Please have your baby early! I need some inspiration that babies do come early and you don't have to be preggo my eggo for 41 weeks. ha! I am going to visit with my doctor on Monday about having this baby at 38 weeks. I mean, baby is cooked, no harm done right! haha!
GOOD LUCK!! We will be praying for you guys!!
Praying for safe, natural, short delivery for BB Jung and Momma.........praying for Daddy to know when to rest too ;-) It was so good to see you guys at the wedding and church a couple weeks ago and "hold" the baby ;-)
You are going to be great parents!! Keep us posted!!!!
The Abilene Rogers'
Thinking and praying for all of you often! I'm excited to hear what the Lord is doing in your lives and how His provision is perfect in every way! Hang in there and keep us posted!
Your blog looks great! You'll have to give me the details on how you did it...
That picture of you and Daniel is beautiful! I am so excited for you guys! I'm glad the Lord is blessing your lives in such amazing ways.
Post a Comment