Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 30, 2007

It's About That Time...

Well, its almost time for our trip! We actually fly out in 24 and 1/2 hours from now. (I'm getting a little nervous, mostly about the flight). We are almost packed up, we just have a few more items to throw in there tomorrow morning. It will take us 29 hours to get to Indonesia! Isn't that insane? And we only have about 6 hours total in layover time, so most of that will be spent in the air! One really cool thing about the flight though is that it will be on a 747! And, we will each have our own individual television screens, where we can choose from a menu what movie we want to watch. And, another really excited thing is that I can take my knitting! I was so afraid that they wouldn't allow knitting needles on the plane, but we found out today that they are an approved item! So, if I've got a good book, movies, and knitting, I can make it through this thing! Actually, Daniel joked today that the flight might not be long enough for me to get all of this stuff in! I'm confident that I will be quite ready to get off of the plane when it is time. :) It is still hard for me to believe that we are actually going, but the Lord has made it possible. So, for those of you who don't know anything about the trip, here are the details:

We will be gone from July 31-Aug.17.
We will be helping with some tsunamai relief efforts on an island in Indonesia where the tsunamai hit the hardest. Our job is to teach English in the mornings and take family photos of local families, develop and frame the pictures, and give it to them. This is part of an effort to restore what they lost. Awesome huh? We are so pumped!
We will have a few days (probaby 5 or so) in which we are considering flying down to Jakarta and checking out a university to help out with some English classes.

We would love for as many people as possible to be interceding for us! Please ask that the Father would use us to be light and salt among people. Also, please ask that Father would give us wisdom when speaking with local people. Indonesia is 12 hours ahead of Central Standard Time, so you can have an idea of what we might be doing when you are interceding.

We will have internet access for part of the time we are there, so I will try to post some pictures if it is possible. If not, then I'll post a lot when we come home for sure.

Thank you again for your prayers! Check back in a week or so and hopefully there will be a post from Indonesia!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great time! Enjoy every minute of your experience!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I hope you have a wonderful time!!! I will definately be lifting you up during the plane ride...I am right there with you on the whole flying thing and I am very proud of you for flying that far for this trip. I know that Father is pleased also and that the people you encounter will be blessed!! Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Daniel and Caanon,

I want you to know that Mark and I are praying for you; specifically the Word of God that you wrote in your letter. I was surprised to read on your blog that you left earlier than originally planned. We want to hear how the trip went when you return! May the presence of God walk with you everyday. We love you.