Sorry it has been so long since I've written anything! Things have been pretty busy around here. After Daniel's family came and we went to Yosemite, Daniel left to lead a mission trip to La Mision, Mexico (which I have been trying to get him to write a blog about! He's not totally into this blog thing yet), and my mom and grandma came to visit. It was so fun to have mom and Grandmommie here! We did a lot of different things, but it can be summed up in basically two words: ate and shopped. We ate at lots of fun places and shopped at even more fun places! Mom brought me a suitcase full of yarn from Texas, which is enough to keep me busy for months!
Kenny Shuler came in to San Francisco last week for business. Daniel picked him up at the airport and hung out with him all day, and then I met them after work and Kenny took us to eat at the Cheesecake factory, which is on the 7th floor of Macy's in Union Square! It has an amazing view of the city (and amazing food might I add). What a blessing it was to spend time with him.
On Saturday Elijah, Daniel's good friend from college, came into town, also for a business trip. I had never met Elijah before but was so excited because I could tell that he meant alot to Daniel. We took him to this really cool restaurant in the city and spent several hours there (until about 11:00!) talking. What an awesome guy! The Lord has done such an awesome work in his life and is using him in large ways in his community.
Now, we are seriously preparing for our trip to Indonesia. We leave one week from tomorrow! We have a trip to Wal-Mart planned for this weekend to get some odds and ends that we need (we don't have a Wal-Mart near us, so we have to plan in advance to go to one!). We are only taking our back packs, and we are going to try to carry them on the plane so that there is no chance of them getting lost. This means that we have to pack very lightly for this two and a half week trip! It will be difficult for me, but it is possible. Shoes are always where I get myself in trouble when packing, I just like to have come different choices, you know? Not on this trip though! I'm limiting the shoes to 2 pair only, and only a few changes of clothes. We will be able to wash our clothes there. If you think about us this week, please pray that the Lord will prepare our hearts for this adventure, that He will use us to encourage the workers there and be His hands and feet to the people, and that He will speak to us.
Well, thats it for now! I'm off to babysit...


No comments:
Post a Comment