Wow, what an amazing time we had in Indonesia! It is hard to know where to begin to tell you all about it, so I've decided to break it up into several different posts. And we took oodles of pictures! I'll try not to be ridiculous by putting them all on the blog, so you can also check out our flickr page (the link is on the right hand side of the page) to see more. So, it took us a mere 29 hours to get to our destination of Medan, Sumatra. Here we are in the airport in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which was only an hour flight away from Medan. This picture is us riding the airport tram to the international terminal...
Daniel chillin' in the comfy reclining chairs at our gate... (we should seriously invest in these chairs in America)
Both of us enjoying the comfort of putting our feet up after our 13 hour overseas flight where there is only a few inches of leg room...
These next few pictures are of Medan, which is a large city on the island of Sumatra. We stayed there our first night in country and our last night in country. This was our hotel from the front and back...
An Indonesian greeting card...they were everywhere around our hotel! It was crazy, I think that someone had a graduation or something.
A street near our hotel... (sorry its so dark, but you can kind of see all the greeting cards and a unique form of transportation)
Who knew that we would have to travel all the way to Indonesia to find a Texas Chicken???
Well, I think thats it for today! But tomorrow I will post some of the family pictures that we took. Here is a little preview, just to make you want to see more... :)
It doesn't get much cuter than this kid. You know what's funny? It looks like he's probably drinking chocolate milk right? But he's really drinking a cappucino!
Daniel chillin' in the comfy reclining chairs at our gate... (we should seriously invest in these chairs in America)
Both of us enjoying the comfort of putting our feet up after our 13 hour overseas flight where there is only a few inches of leg room...
These next few pictures are of Medan, which is a large city on the island of Sumatra. We stayed there our first night in country and our last night in country. This was our hotel from the front and back...
An Indonesian greeting card...they were everywhere around our hotel! It was crazy, I think that someone had a graduation or something.

Well, I think thats it for today! But tomorrow I will post some of the family pictures that we took. Here is a little preview, just to make you want to see more... :)


No comments:
Post a Comment