Daniel has been in Texas now for 6 days! He left out early Monday morning and will return this coming Monday morning. I was somewhat excited about spending some time alone, but had a feeling that it would get old fast...and I was right! It is Saturday afternoon and I'm ready for him to come home! I'm so happy for him right now though, because he is with his family on their annual vacation to the Gulf of Mexico. Everyone down there thought he was going to miss it since we live so far away, and they were all so bummed. So Daniel teamed up with his Papa and sister and they planned a great surprise. He surprised his mom by hiding in the kitchen, and then at the right moment he walked out of the kitchen with a Dr. Pepper for her. She cried and laughed, all at the same time! Then he surprised his dad when he got home from work, but I'm not sure exactly how that suprise happened. When he pulled up at Grandma's house, she didn't recognize him! And when she finally did realize it was him he said her jaw hit the ground, and then she just started laughing and hugging him. He had the BEST time surprising everyone. I talked to him this morning and they were fishing at a pier on Port Aransas having a blast. He was bragging to me about being in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. He was also bragging the other day because he was going on a walk with his family and he was sweating! Isn't that funny? It just doesn't get hot here very often, so we never get sweaty when we are outside walking. We definitely miss Texas :)
My week has been pretty low key. I shopped, of course...(several times. shhh, don't tell). Just playing, I already confessed my shopping trips to Daniel. I just love Target, and I lose control in there sometimes! Especially when he is not there to reign me in. I watched some movies, ate out some, cooked some, read, and tried to sleep. I'm telling you, I just don't sleep well anymore without Daniel! I've not had one good nights sleep since he left. Is anyone else like this, or am I just crazy?
This morning I got up, grabbed my Bible, and went on a walk along the water. I walked all the way down to what they call the Spit, which is a really nice walking path right on the water in a neighborhood full of beautiful mansions. There are benches all along the way and beautiful flowers. I sat on a bench at the very end of the path that looked at Sausalito and San Francisco. It was probably the most perfect weather I've experienced in a long time. Warm sunshine, a light cool breeze, it was wonderful. I just talked to God and read the Word for a long time. I also saw two sea lions swim by! And an assortment of different birds were around, they are so interesting to watch. I thank the Lord for the incredible morning He gave me today. The picture below is Daniel and I at the Spit a few months ago. Those buildings in the distance behind us are San Francisco.

I don't have any more plans for today, and its only 12:30. I'm kind of thinking that cleaning is going to be my fate...
Then tomorrow is church...
And then on Monday Daniel comes home! YEA!!!!


2 comments:
That is a bummer you guys couldn't travel to Texas at the same time. But, I guess it is nice to have family time also. I'm sure your families appreciate it!
I'm still envious of your San Fran outings. I'll be near there in September visiting family in the Oakland area. Not soon enough!!
Have you taken the bumper sticker off your car yet? Thanks for the letter update. Nathan and I are praying for you guys. Shana Shuler and I have agreed in prayer for you as well. Love, the Nease's
Post a Comment