Well, we went back to the tide pools! This time we took more people...
It was really windy and cold, but we stuck it out! I almost went and sat in the car because my ears hurt so bad from the cold wind, but an angel (in the form of my friend Shanae) gave me one of the hoodie sweatshirts that she was wearing. That made all the difference! What made the difference for Daniel was his surfing "booties" that kept his feet warm. Who knows, maybe he'll start a new style!
Probably the coolest thing that we saw this time was this starfish. It is actually in the process of eating a mussel! The mussel is kind of hard to see in this picture, but it is just to the right of the stick.
The beach we were at is called Kehoe Beach. It is one of the Point Reye's beaches.
And when we returned to our car, a very kind person had left us a note of encouragement...
I still have Texas plates, and I have a George Bush sticker on my car, you know the ones from the last election that say W '04 on them. We've considered taking it off, but haven't yet mostly because I keep forgetting. But funny things keep happening to us because of it! Last month, Daniel was driving down 101 (the big highway near our house. It is the road that goes over the Golden Gate Bridge) and this guy in a BMW motions for him to roll down the window (while driving 70 mph). When he does, the guys yells "Hey, your bumper sticker...This is California!" Daniel responded "Yeah, I know", and the guy drove off.


4 comments:
Wow! Amazing!
Hey man,
I'm sorry that I haven't responded to you. We are in MN and we are doing well. Call me or email me. My email is aburdette@gmail.com.
alan.
Karen said:
They must be serving "hate o rade" on the beach
that person bought a big gulp
Dang that's pretty funny. I knew I was no longer in TX when the first week we were in Louisville, I pulled up behind a car with a bumper sticker that simply said "F*** Bush" but without the astericks. Glad Cali is going good for ya'll.
Post a Comment