We have LOVED our time here in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We have enjoyed great food, great coffee, fun markets to shop in, and the kind Thai people. I thought you all might enjoy seeing some pictures from around town!
This red truck is called a "songtaew" (pronounced "song tow"). They are the local form of public transportation. You just stand on the side of the road, flag one down when they drive by and tell them where you want to go, then climb in the back of the truck (along with other people most of the time). It only costs about $.60/person!

I'm not sure what this man is selling, but I guess he just finds what looks like a good spot, pulls over, and sets up shop! There are all kinds of interesting vehicles on the road here

Ahhh....coffee. I am so glad that the Thai people love coffee! It seems like there is a coffee shop on every corner here, and a couple in between, and man is it good! They seem to love the frappuchino-style drinks, which are my personal favorite in hot weather. I think that I will REALLY miss this when we head back home

There are stands on the side of every road here selling everything from fresh fruit to fresh bugs!

There are always people outside sweeping in front of their stores. Aren't their brooms cool?

This is the apartment building where we are living. Elijah has become "buddy-buddy" with the guard and every morning tells him "Morning!" as he and Nana pass by on their way to Starbuck's.

We are still working on getting all of our paperwork together to leave Thailand and head back "home" (I tend to call it our home away from home). Nathan's passport has come in, so now we are awaiting visas for all 4 of us to get back into our country. If everything goes according to plan, we will fly out next Sunday. There are definitely some mixed emotions about leaving this wonderful place, so please pray for us to be ready when the time comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment