Elijah woke up at 5:45ish this morning, MUCH earlier than normal. I had gone to bed with my hair wet, so of course as I hauled myself out of bed to go get him my hair looked like I had just stepped out of the salon...
...ahem...
...actually, it looked more like lightening had struck me sometime during the night. I also must tell you that I slept TERRIBLE last night. I must have woken myself up talking to Daniel at least 3 times, and 1 time he was talking back to me. I was having the weirdest dreams!
So, I got Elijah up and played with him, fed him breakfast, watched a Praise Baby video, cooked biscuits for Daniel and I, etc. Needless to say, this Momma was counting on a good nap from my little man this morning, so I could get a little bit of rest and get myself ready for the day.
So, about 9:20 or so I figured it was about time for the nap to begin, so I closed the curtains, turned on a noise machine (air purifier), and put Elijah in his bed, with expectations of at least an hour and a half nap.
Want to know the first thing that happened during this precious, precious nap time? I discovered not 1, not 2, but 3 bags of popcorn that had the corners nibbled off of them!!! I immediately marched into our bedroom and informed Daniel (who was on the phone) of the situation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, or any kind of scientist for that matter, to figure this one out.
WE HAVE A MOUSE.
And that little furball ruined 3 bags of precious popcorn that just arrived from the states about 3 days ago. Ooooohhhh, is he ever going to be sorry. (do I sound scary??)
Anyways, after that I decided to check email/facebook/blogs and then get ready for the day. This was not smart. You all know where I'm going with this.
Elijah woke up after sleeping for 40 minutes. OH NO!!! My hair still looks electrified and I'm still in my pajamas with no make up on. And even now, as I write this during Elijah's afternoon nap, I still have no makeup on, and I'm wearing a hat. I did put jeans and a fleece on, so there was some progress.
So, today, I feel a little bit like this song. I just wrote out the chorus, many of you will probably recognize it and be-bop along to the tune (its a fun tune). Do you ever have days when you feel like this?
" 'Cause I got a couple dents in my fender,
Got a couple of rips in my jeans,
I try to fit the pieces together,
But perfection is my enemy.
On my own I'm so clumsy,
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me!"
(Free To Be Me by Francesca Battistelli)


1 comment:
VERY NICE, VERY NICE...i am glad that you survived!
Post a Comment