Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Family!

Well, I have not disappeared off the face of the earth, just in case you were wondering! Ha! Things have been crazy around here, in a good way! On Saturday night 2 weeks ago, my parents arrived! We surprised them by being at the airport and we had rented a van and driver, so that our drive from the airport to our house would be as comfortable as possible. They look really good for having been travelling for 24 hours, don't they??? These pictures are of us at the airport just after they had arrived. It was so wonderful to see them and hug them! And they were just a tiny bit excited about seeing their grandson :)



We've had such a wonderful time so far. It is going by way too fast! They have less than a week left with us! We have taken TONS of pictures that I will be posting here in the very near future. We went to Hong Kong for a few days and did some Christmas shopping (and lots of good eating!!). Other than that we have just been hanging out at home, enjoying being together. They have really been troopers too, let me tell you. Life is different here, very different, and they have just gone with the flow. What awesome parents I have!!
Yesterday Mom and I cooked a big Thanksgiving meal for us. Man, was it good!! Shawnie had sent us most of the ingredients we needed to make the traditional dishes, and we just cooked and cooked and cooked! We had chicken and dressing, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, devilled eggs....and of course chocolate cake! Needless to say we were all STUFFED. I hadn't realized how hard these holidays would be, away from everything familiar. The Lord knew that we needed family here on the first big holiday that we've been away. He is so so good to us.
So please, keep checking back for more pictures of our adventures here with Mom and Dad!


blog stuff

1 comment:

Bonky's Mom said...

I'm so happy for you to have your parents there! What a sweet, sweet blessing during this holiday season! Enjoy every minute!