The first party was thrown my dear SIL Shawnie and my Bubba (and I can't forget to mention that Kayleigh made beautiful placecards for everyone attending, in the shape of party hats!) I also have to tell some background to this party, because it just almost didn't happen. Daniel, Elijah and I were staying with my parents, and earlier that week a monster of a stomach bug attacked the house. First it got Elijah, and then a couple of days later it got my Dad and Daniel. It was a horribly contagious bug, but somehow Mom and I managed to stay healthy. At the time though, we didn't know if we were going to get it, so we had thought it best not to have the party so as not to spread the yuckiness, but then I asked if we could still have it if only the healthy ones came. OH, I FORGOT TO TELL YOU...I didn't know it was a party for Elijah. I thought it was just a family get together, which was still very very important to me because we were leaving the next day to go to Austin, and then were leaving the country the next week! So this was the last family get together I was going to be a part of for a while, and I wasn't going to let this stinkin' stomach bug stop it. So, all the healthy ones came, and I was so blessed when I showed up and it was a birthday party for my baby!
These next pictures are from Elijah's birthday party with Daniel's family in Austin. We first went to eat at Fish Daddy's, where Kristen helped give Elijah his first taste of lemon...
***UPDATE*** Elijah tried banana pudding again just last night and he LOVED it!! So next time we see you Jerry Lynn he will gobble up your banana pudding!
Thank you, thank you, thank you to our families for blessing us so much!!
Ok, don't fear, there is still more birthday posting to come! I've got to go clean the kitchen now, but later will come a post about yesterday!!


1 comment:
Caanon,
The pictures are precious! We are so glad that you all had a wonderful day with Elijah! We can't wait until you post the pictures from Monday! Kayleigh and I check the blog every morning to see what is new with you guys, I just want her to keep up with her Auntie Caanon and company! We love you guys!
Love,
Shawnie and Kayleigh
Post a Comment