Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

There's a first time for everything!

Our little guy has had a lot of "firsts" lately! He's just getting so big. He turned 11 months old this past week! I absolutely can't believe that he is almost 1 year old. But then I think back and its so hard to imagine what life was like without him. Ok, here goes...
1st time to swim




1st haircut


1st shiner (this one was mommy's fault) the full story is at the end of the blog



Here's some 1st's that I don't have pictures for:

~ 1st overseas flight

~ 1st time in another country

~ 1st time to stand by himself!

~ 1st time to say "no-no" (hilarious. but I really was hoping he wouldn't learn this for a long time)

Ok, so here's the eye injury story. So, we are staying in a hotel right now because our apartment won't be ready until Friday. Well, there is only so much room in a hotel, and a curious little boy is bound to get into trouble. He has discovered the trash cans and I just can't keep him out of them! The other day he was getting into one of them so I decided to pick it up and put it on the table. I leaned over and picked up the trash can, and about half way in between the ground and the table the bottom half of the trash can fell out! I couldn't do anything to stop it or to move Elijah, and it just clipped him right on the side of his eye. It was horrible! I felt sooooooooo bad. I gave him lots of special treats that day.

Here is Daniel and our language notebook. We have SO MUCH to learn


Here is the view of our city from our hotel room:



Concrete jungle, anyone? :)

No comments: