Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Almost there....

We're almost there. Just another day or two (hopefully) until we get to move into our apartment! It was originally supposed to be today, but the landlord kindly repainted it for us and that didn't go as quickly as we'd hoped.

Right now, as I type, Daniel is meeting the landlord to get the key!! We can begin moving our stuff in today (which is good since our appliances are being delivered today!), but the paint smell is still strong so we still have to sleep in the hotel tonight.

Yesterday my friend took me to a furniture mall so that I could pick us out a mattress and look around for another furniture that we need. I found a soft mattress that was affordable, and I found a perfect rug for Elijah's room! Its basically a huge piece of soft carpet, which was exactly what I was wanting. It will almost totally cover the floor in his room, and it was only like $75! I was so thankful for that rug. All of the floors in our apartment are tile, and I've been worried about Elijah hurting himself since he is crawling and pulling up now (and will be walking soon I think). At least in his room now there will be some padding!

I'm heading to IKEA later today to get a crib and accessories, couch, high chair, kitchen table and chairs, dishes and pots/pans, and many other things. Most of the big things can be delivered, but I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get all of the little things home on the subway. Hmmmm, that will be interesting... :)

I will take pictures at the apartment today and can hopefully post them later tonight. If not it might be a few days until we get internet set up at our apartment. But as soon as we do I'll get them on here

TTFN!

No comments: