Here is Daniel, Elijah and I in the Shuler's living room in Abilene. They let us stay in their house (they weren't there), they let us sleep in their KING SIZED BED, and they had even baked some yummy Christmas cookies and bread for us! Thanks so much you guys, we love you!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Christmas #1
We (like most married couples) had multiple Christmas celebrations this year. We drove to Austin (via Abilene) before Christmas to celebrate with Daniel's family, and then came back to Midland to celebrate with my family. So the Christmas #1 post will be all about Christmas in Austin (and Spicewood)
Here is Daniel, Elijah and I in the Shuler's living room in Abilene. They let us stay in their house (they weren't there), they let us sleep in their KING SIZED BED, and they had even baked some yummy Christmas cookies and bread for us! Thanks so much you guys, we love you!
That was Friday night, then Saturday we drove from Abilene to Spicewood. Sunday afternoon we drove into Austin to have Christmas with Daniel's grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, friends...Needless to say, there was no shortage of loving arms to hold Elijah! In order of the following pictures: Elijah and Papa (his great-grandfather), Elijah and his 2nd cousin Kristen, Elijah and his Mimi, Elijah and his great-uncle Roger, and Elijah and his great aunt Jerry Lynn.




Papa made Elijah a very special gift this year. For those of you who don't know, Papa is an INCREDIBLE wood-worker. He can make just about anything. I love to just walk around their house and look at everything he has carved and built over the years. Well, this is Elijah's very first rocking chair, and the coolest thing about it is that there is a peg in the back, and if you pull it out the whole chair comes apart. All of the pieces are flat, so it can be packed easily. That way, this chair can go with us when we move overseas! We pretty much did an entire photoshoot of Elijah in his chair, so bear with me...I'll just post a few of the cutest ones... :) Oh, and I forgot to mention that Judy (Mimi) painted the rocker, cowboy style! It is SO precious.

Well, this has taken me longer than I thought (stupid blogger photo-uploader) and I'm not going to be able to finish the Austin Christmas in one post! So, there will be 3 Christmas posts I guess! I've got to go get Elijah up and ready to meet the girls for lunch. Yea for mommy lunches!
Here is Daniel, Elijah and I in the Shuler's living room in Abilene. They let us stay in their house (they weren't there), they let us sleep in their KING SIZED BED, and they had even baked some yummy Christmas cookies and bread for us! Thanks so much you guys, we love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment