Well, Mom and I tried to get a good picture of Elijah on his 1 month birthday, but it was tough! And, I'm not so skilled with a camera. Combine that with a really slick comforter, and you have a difficult situation :) But, here is the best picture that we got, and I think that he's the cutest thing in the whole world!
I made the mistake of going shopping for jeans yesterday. I only have 1 pair of jeans that I can wear right now and they are maternity, and I'm so ready to wear regular pants. Well, what a joke! And a depressing one at that. I mean, I feel like I've lost most of my pregnancy weight, I probably have about 10 pounds or so to go. So, I had made peace with the fact that I was going to have to buy a bigger size for the time being. What I hadn't accounted for was the way that the shape of my body has changed. The styles that I used to wear looked absolutely ridiculous on me yesterday! I'm not sure if my hips are what has changed, but something is definitely not like it used to be and probably never will be again. So, maternity pants it is until I can find the courage to go shopping again.


2 comments:
Oh Canaan, I can relate! Its the hips--they get so much wider to allow the baby to come through, and for me it took almost a whole year for them to go back down to normal so I could wear my old pants. It stinks. I had to buy some bigger pants for the meantime. Currently, I'm wearing jeans that I got that are two sizes bigger than my pre-pregnancy jeans (which are a size bigger than the ones I wore before I got pregnant with Josiah). Sigh.
My body holds onto weight while I am nursing, but it was amazing how last time around, around 9 months postpartum, those last 10 pounds just fell right off. No matter what I did before that point, I couldn't get rid of it. I guess my body holds onto it in case of famine so there is food for the baby.
Anyway, this is a ridiculously long comment, but I did nurse much longer than 9 months, it just took that long for the weight to go away.
excuse me... you already lost your weight?? you're my hero ;) lets hope that happens!
Post a Comment