Well, this picture is actually 33 weeks, I'm a little late in posting it. So, I know its hard to believe, but I am actually BIGGER now! It is amazing what the human body can do, huh?We went to the doctor again yesterday for an AFI (amniotic fluid index), which is a sonogram where they measure the amount of amniotic fluid. And, praise the Lord, my fluid had decreased enough to where the doctor said we probably will not have to induce early! I had kind of gotten excited about the possibility of having him early, and of knowing the day I was going to have him, but both Daniel and I would prefer to go into labor naturally if we can. So, we are back on schedule for around mid-August, which is only 4 weeks!
Tomorrow (Friday) we will turn 35 weeks pregnant. It seems like it has flown by so far, but now it seems to be going slower because life is getting much harder. Here are just a few of the changes that have taken place recently:
~ turning over at night is basically a joke, but I have to make it happen somehow because my hips ache so bad. So I've come up with this little shimmy and turn routine that seems to be working ok
~ OH, THE HEARTBURN. I had heard that this would happen, and it has come with a vengeance in the last week. It seems that anything I eat burns for hours afterwards. Any suggestions on how to help this problem will be greatly appreciated!
~ shortness of breath abounds! This little guy is taking up so much room that my lungs and diaphragm are squished. Sometimes just sitting on the couch I start breathing really hard. It is really funny.
I could go on, but it really would just all go to prove that the Lord in His divine wisdom made pregnancy last just the right amount of time. There is the really fun, cute time where you think "this isn't so bad, I could do this for a long time!" And then, towards the end, it gets to the point where you say "I don't care how much pain or time it takes, I am ready to have this baby!" I think we need to get to that point (at least I do) to get over the fear of the delivery that is coming. I am DEFINITELY scared about the unknown of the next 4 weeks or so, but I am so ready to meet this little boy and kiss and hug him, and so ready for my body to return to normal, that I am giving these fears to the Lord and trusting Him with all of the uncertainties. So, I guess I should thank the Lord for all this discomfort, because He is using it for my good!
In other news...
~ We will now be going to the doctor weekly so he can "check me" to see if I've started dilating (spelling?) yet. I do feel like B.B. (Baby Boy) Jung is starting to drop, but it could just be my imagination.
~ Daniel will be traveling to Austin this weekend for his 10 year high school reunion! I am married to such an old fogie :) He is really really excited to see some of his old friends.
Well, I guess thats it for now!


7 comments:
You are beautiful and I feel for you! For heartburn my DR prescribed me Zantac and it worked great! I would take it before I ate and never had a problem afterwards, so ask you DR about that it's safe for you and baby.
You look great! I had really bad heartburn, too, and ended up with a baby with a full head of hair. (I guess that wive's tale is actually true.) :-) Anyway, I took Tagament at night to help with all of the nighttime heartburn. During the day I took Tums...the "Smoothies" variety. They (almost) taste like candy. Hang in there! We're praying for you!
CAANON! You look so stinking cute. love it. So we have 12 more weeks and I am so grateful for that time. I thought you guys already named BB?? No? Not sure why I though that.
I take Pepcid Complete and this stuff works MIRACLES. You can only take two a day but it works way better then tums.
Can't wait to see pictures!!
Bless your heart! The last part is rough! I used Pepcid and that worked pretty well. I had reflux, though, but you might give it a try.
Hang in there!
You are so cute!!! I just love seeing the babies in the tummy.....it makes me want another one~for about two seconds ;-)
Truthfully, I really enjoyed the entire pregnancy/giving birth experience~it makes you stop and ponder the wonders of God~He is truly amazing!
Praying for you guys~ these last few weeks are uncomfortable, but OH SO WORTH IT!
By the way.....all three of mine were early~ 1 week, 4 weeks, and 3 weeks respectively~and 100% healthy! It could happen ;-)
Don't you just look adorable! Love and miss you!
Hey Caanon! I'm glad I found you on here! You're so close! We've just joined the blogging world too. Hope everything continues to go smoothly! We're praying for you guys!
Jon & Laura
Post a Comment