Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lots of updating!

Well, a lot has been going on since my last post in December! I'll tell about these last 2 months through pictures...


First, the biggest news....

Thats right, we're pregnant! Baby Jung is due August 15th. Here is a picture of me at 15 weeks pregnant (and hardly showing!) We have been blessed with such an easy pregnancy so far. I've had no sickness at all! My only problem has been insomnia, which can be really frustrating but I would definitely take it over being sick any day.

We are all moved in to our house in Midland and have begun the remodeling process (ahhhhgggg!!). Here are some before pictures...

This is Daniel's mom faux painting our white brick fire place (she is an artist). We drove around town and took pictures of brick patterns that we liked, and then she recreated them on our fire place! I unfortunately (chalk it up to pregnancy brain) don't have a picture yet of the finished product. I will get that very soon and post it.

Here is our torn up kitchen, but you get the idea of what it looked like and why it needed some remodeling...

The appliances and countertops were all original to the house, which was built in like the 50s or 60s. We took out the single oven and made that a cabinet and then put in a stove/oven combo with a microhood above it.


We also tore the countertops up and laid black granite tile as our counter and backsplash. Here is a picture (not a finished picture, but an in-progress picture) of the countertop...(that is Daniel's dad, without whom this job would not have been possible)


The next big step was to paint the cabinets! We had absolutely no idea how big of a job that was until we started. But thanks to Daniel's parents were were able to get them painted. Now they are a beautiful white! It really doesn't even look like the same kitchen. We have brand new appliances in now and we can actually cook in our own kitchen! I will soon post "after" pictures that show the completed kitchen.
There is really so much work to be done on this house, we are having to take it in stages. But, we are sooooo incredibly thankful for this place that the Lord has provided for us. It is abundantly more than we could have asked for! God is so good!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you guys!! :) And your house is lovely. hehe

Shannon said...

Every now and then I check your blog to see if you've updated...I'm so glad I checked today!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! You look adorable with your tiny bump.

Unknown said...

It is great to see what you guys are up to! Sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations on the baby and house!
LB

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!! You brought back great memories for me of the moment I first saw that second line (12-23-03) and knew my life had changed forever. I could never have dreamed of all the blessings that were to follow (including another second line 15 months later)! We're so happy for y'all and are excited about the path God is taking you on.