We stopped for the night (Saturday night) in Rialto to visit my Uncle Steve and his family. I hadn't seen my cousins in about 9 years and Daniel had never met them! My cousin Kyle has a wife and 4 year old son that neither one of us had ever met. Here is the family photo:

From left to right: cousin Ryan, Uncle Steve, Aunt Sarah, Caanon, Daniel, Kirstie, cousin Kyle, 2nd cousin Isaiah.
On Sunday morning after breakfast we headed for San Diego, which was only about 2 more hours from my families house. We called our families to wish them all happy Easter! Both of our families were having lunch at the time(separately), so we each got passed around the tables and got to talk with everyone. We so wished that we were with them! Soon after this though, we had an unexpected taste of home...
Yes, thats right...we are standing in front of the ONLY Rosa's in California!!! We had no idea it even existed until we saw a billboard and immediately exited the highway in search of it. It was 10:45 in the morning, but it did not matter! We had to get some Rosa's!
Once we made it to San Diego we went straight to the zoo. It was kind of cloudy and rainy so we hoped that it wouldn't be too crowded, but there were still a ton of people there.
We just absolutely love zoos because they are such a reminder of how creative our God is. I mean really, where did He come up with some of these animals??!! We took sooooo many pictures, but I will spare you all of that and just show you the highlights.
We just absolutely love zoos because they are such a reminder of how creative our God is. I mean really, where did He come up with some of these animals??!! We took sooooo many pictures, but I will spare you all of that and just show you the highlights.
The orangutans: my favorite. These guys were HILARIOUS. It would take too long to write about the show that they put on for us, but man they are funny.
The hippo was Daniel's favorite exhibit of the day. It was one of those tanks where you could stand there and watch them underwater and above water. It is amazing how heavy they are but how they just glide through the water like they don't weigh anything!
This panda was really tearing into that bamboo...
What kind of animal is this? Must be some kind of new species...
The double-hump camel! Now he is just cool looking. Ok, that was the last zoo picture, I promise! Moving on to the rest of our trip...
On Monday we decided to spend the day at the beach. We found a place to rent kayaks! We rented a double one (so we could both be in the same boat) and went kayaking out in the ocean. We saw a couple of seals and 4 dolphins! It was awesome. The only thing about it that wasn't awesome was the sunburn I got on my legs!
We ended our beach day with a meal at Joe's Crab Shack. We got to watch the sunset while we ate!
Tuesday we went to Sea World! On my gosh I just can't tell you how excited we both were about this day. This is a picture of us waiting for the Shamu show to begin. Here are a couple of pictures of our day at Sea World:
It is difficult to see, but the dolphin is actually jumping OVER the flag that is hanging from pole. They can jump up to 16 feet in the air! Amazing!We left the next day for home. We stopped off in Hollywood for lunch, but didn't see any celebrities. What a bummer! But I guess there aren't many celebrities who eat at Jack in the Box...
Almost 12 hours after we started driving we made it home. We are so thankful to God for providing for us to go on vacation! We had a blast!


6 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a blast. You could have just kept driving to TX though!! I like the picture of the baboon sitting on the rock. Miss you guys!
Looks like lots and lots of fun! I'm jealous of your Rosa's experience (didn't know they were even outside of West Texas)! Love the zoo photos, too! I take my nephew to the zoo here everytime he comes to visit. Great fun!
Hey guys!!! We miss you, and it is so nice to read your blog and see what the Lord is doing in your lives!! I am so excited for you that you got to go on a fun vacation!!! Way to go on the Rosa's!!! That is crazy!!
Love ya!
I think everyone is excited that you got to go to a Rosas.... wow
what an impact that floury place of refried stuff has had on all of our lives...
I so miss me some Rosas...well just Mexican food in general!
However, I am glad that you both were able to enjoy the sweet bliss of homeade tortillas!
Post a Comment