I have to be honest, I am a little embarrassed to post this picture.
I just feel like I look a little weird. I don't know why, but my bump is just STRAIGHT out there, you know? It looks kind of like a big bullet, blasting out of my midsection.
I was just talking to Daniel last night about my frustration with everyone here staring at me like I'm a freak (ok, not everyone, but I get A LOT of stares, especially when I have Elijah with me, which is pretty much all the time). Well, when I saw this picture on the computer screen I was like "No wonder they stare!! I would stare too!!" haha! Anyways, moving on...
We went to the doctor today and had a sonogram. Here is what we found out:
-My amniotic fluid levels are doing ok. They were too high at this time when I was preggo with Elijah, and they are right on the border of being high right now, but not anything to worry about at this point. Praise the Lord!
-The cord is around the baby's neck. It was like this 2 weeks ago and I was really surprised today that it was still there, I thought for sure it would have moved. I'm not too concerned yet though, we still have 7 or 8 weeks for the cord to move
-This precious baby boy is transverse, meaning he is basically laying inside the womb as if I were holding him: sideways, his head on my right side and his feet on my left, and he's facing up. The doctor was concerned that he isn't head-down yet, but I'm just not that worried about it, I feel like he has plenty of time to turn. Does anyone have any advice on this one?
-His legs and abdomen are measuring 34 weeks, while the rest of him is right on target at 32 weeks. We may have a tall kid on our hands here! His heartbeat was around 130.
Overall it was a great appointment, and we have just one more before we go to Thailand. We fly out June 2nd!! We are so excited about going, and I'd like to tell you why:
-the city we will be living in has Dunkin Donuts. I can't POSSIBLY tell you just how excited I am about this. Baked goods and pastries here definitely leave something to be desired. They would taste great I think, if they would use some sugar! But the people here don't like sweet things, so everything is very bland
-There is also, from what we hear, a really good bakery
-There is a mexican food restaurant that we hear is really good. Bring on the chips and salsa! (and hopefully guacamole!!)
-it is a much smaller city than where we live, so we will have a little break from crowded subways and busses, and I'm really hoping there will be much less pollution. I want to see blue skies and sunshine!!
-Oh, and I can't forget that there is a Starbuck's a very short distance from where we are staying. We probably won't go there all that often because its so expensive, it will be nice to easily be able to go if we want to!
-ok, last but not least, we hear that the Thai food is very good and we are so excited about trying some of the local places there!
So, the next two weeks will be filled with packing and taking care of last minute things here with our Landlord, etc. before we leave for 2 months. It is so crazy to think that we probably only have about 7 more Saturdays before we meet our son. I know thats a random way to think about it, but for some reason thats how I've been counting down. Wow!!!
Have a blessed day today!


2 comments:
Caanon, this is definitely where raising the foot of your bed a little may help. Just put something under each leg. Tilting your body like that may help. Also remember when I told you I would lie on the floor and put a 2" phone book underneath my bottom and lie there for about 10 minutes. I believe the LORD turned Derek around when it was time, but this is what my doctor told me to do.
Look at that belly! It's pointy too and right out there! You are too cute! Sounds like a lot of great perks in Thailand and yummy food too! Wishing you all the best and look forward to hearing more about that little blessing!
Post a Comment