Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 12, 2010

18 months old!!

Well, its pretty hard to believe that my precious baby is a year and a half old!! This little guy has done so much in his short 18 months on this earth. He's travelled more than many people travel in a lifetime. I'm glad we have the pictures to tell him about it, because I know he won't remember much. But, all of these experiences are being used by God to shape him into the person He created him to be. I find so much comfort in knowing that God's plan for our life will work for Elijah's good (Romans 8:28)!!

Ok, so our little man is just doing new things everyday. Here are some of his favorite things:

-strawberry yogurt
-anything strawberry actually
-giving and receiving hugs and kisses!!! He makes my heart melt every day :)
-his nursery rhyme video and is Praise Baby dvds
-being tickled
-pulling up his shirt and showing everyone his belly
-reading books
-going "bye-bye" (going anywhere outside the house! He loves to go)
-pizza crust
-broccoli
-climbing anything and everything he possibly can

Here are some of his not-favorites:
-any kind of meat
-eating in his high chair without a toy in his hands
-being told "no" (shocker)


Some changes that have happened recently:
-Going from 2 naps a day to 1 nap a day (Mommy and Daddy were not so thrilled about this one! haha)
-weaning from his bottle. He drinks water and juice from a sippy cup, but he has been getting 3 bottles of milk each day (morning, afternoon, bedtime). We've now transitioned the afternoon milk to a sippy cup, and the others will soon be following
-walking more. We've started letting him walk places with us more rather than using the stroller. He really enjoys this and its gets some of that little boy energy out!

Words he's saying now:
-tons of babbles that we can't really interpret yet
-pretty much all family members names, although some only we can understand what he's saying. He can also point out almost every family member in a picture! He's a genius I tell you ;)
-lots of animal noises
-apple
-bowl
-purple
-a,b,c,d,e
-book
-more
-monkey
-frog (he actually says "wa-wa" for frog, I don't know why, but he says that everytime he sees a frog)
-baby
-no-no
-night-night, and he even says this at the right time! Oh my goodness I just can't stand all of this cuteness :)

He's even starting to put two words together!! He says "bye-bye da-da" and "bye-bye momma" and "bye-bye baby". He can also point to his eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hair, fingers, and toes when you ask him to. I feel like he truly is a little sponge just soaking up everything going on around him!



Isn't he just so handsome?? I am truly a blessed Momma!
blog stuff

1 comment:

mom said...

Oh my goodness girl HE IS SOOOOOOOO
HANDSOME. His nana just wants to grab him up and give him the biggest hug and squeeze. I am so looking forward to coming and getting to play with him again. His nana and papa sure do miss him. Thanks for the great pictures.

I love you,

Mom