Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

We finally have internet!! And an apartment!!

Above and below are some goodies sold here that we were surprised to find... (the yellow box above is Lipton tea)

Here is our bedroom


This is our new oven and microwave! (these are the only ovens available here. The locals mainly cook on a stove)

Elijah's room. It is messy. Not quite finished yet!

The living room

Dining area (sorry its blurry!)

The guest room (some of you reading this will become very familiar with this room!)


The kitchen


Yea!!!!!! I know it was only a week where we didn't have internet, but man, in this day and age that is forever!

There is so much to write about! I'm was having a hard time deciding what to put in this post, but I decided I will focus on our apartment. We have been INCREDIBLY BLESSED to have found this apartment! It is spacious, in good condition, on a low floor (we looked at two other apartments, one on the 32nd floor of a building and one on the 36th floor. We didn't like that very much) Ours is on the 5th floor (another reason this is good is because its not hard to get an elevator on the lower floors!) Our landlord seems really nice. We are looking forward to the day when we can actually have a conversation with her WITHOUT using an interpretor :)
There is a small grocery store and a fruit store just right out the back gate of our apartment complex. Both stores offer alot a good things and are really convenient. The big grocery store is about a 10 minute walk down the road. The walk there isn't bad, but the walk home with all the groceries is, well, interesting :) Both times that I've gone I've ended up just taking a taxi home. Which, I have to say, is well worth the money! It is so hot and humid here that I'm not sure I would survive the walk with groceries, baby (usually screaming by that point), and stroller in tow.
There are also some restaurants just right next to our complex. There is a pizza place and several rice and noodle places. And one of the coolest things is that EVERYONE here delivers! Are you ready for this? Even MCDONALDS delivers. Not joking. I would be ashamed if you all knew how many times we've had Mcdonalds delivered already. Its very sad. One day I will have to take a picture of a delivery guy for Mickey D's and post it so ya'll can see. They ride bikes with big warmers on the back to keep your food warm. These people are on to something! :)
Ok, I gotta go, but I will post again really soon. And I can do that now, because WE ACTUALLY HAVE THE INTERNET!!! :)

5 comments:

To God be the glory... said...

I am impressed. The Bonacci's could not find salsa. Looks like you guys hit the jackpot. I yarp that you find a good friend soon & feel @ home.

Kelly said...

I loved this post!! Things are looking exciting! What a nice livingroom!!

The Jungs said...

I know, we were surprised to find salsa too! It is on the imported foods aisle, so it is a bit pricey, but totally worth it when craving a taste of home!

Kristen said...

You're apartment is awesome and so much more spacious than I expected! I'm so glad to see that there will be plenty of room for us to come visit someday!!! I love that you are able to find some of the comforts of home so easily - McD's and picante sauce! That's hysterical!
We love and miss you guys already!

Kari Sanchez said...

I am so happy for the 3 of you. What a nice apartment! God is truly blessing you as you minister for HIM. I have been anxiously waiting for your posts and was surprised that there were so many new ones. I love reading about all the new things you will venture upon. I can't wait to hear what God has in store for y'all. I can't believe McDonald's delivers!
If you need anything please let me know and email me your address if you can :)