
I feel like we often find ourselves saying "This is the most beautiful place we've ever seen!" And here we are again, saying that very thing. We took our neighbors Becky and Jeremy hiking to a nearby waterfall called Cataract Falls. It is a waterfall with about 7 different tiers and it takes about an hour and a half to two hours to hike up to the top tier. We didn't go that far, I think we went up to the fifth, but what we saw was so amazing!
We feel so blessed to be able to go to places like this! We loved it so much that we thought it would be a perfect place to take our precious friends from Texas, Kenny and Shana Shuler.
Daniel took them on Friday morning while I was working. It was a beautiful morning, sunny and clear blue skies. All they needed to do was drive to the trailhead and get started...
Now lets talk about this drive. To keep it short it is skinny and winds around the mountain. Its not a very pleasant drive if you have a tendency to get motion sick. Well, Shana struggled on the way up, but by rolling down the windows she was able to make it alright. They had a wonderful time on the hike.
It was a rough ride back down the mountain however...Shana and Daniel both felt terrible! They kept everything down though, and that is the important thing.Shana and Kenny came to visit us and so that Shana and I could go to the Deeper Still conference where Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Patricia Shirer would speak. The conference was wonderful, but I think the highlight was the encouragement and strength that they brought us. There is truly nothing like the family of God.


3 comments:
Your photos with the Shuler's are beautiful. I love that you do a blog so we can live the San Fran life vicariously thru you guys! Miss you so much it makes us sick! Can't wait to see you again soon! K-Bear sends her love!
That is so awesome that you guys got to see the Shuler's. It makes my heart smile! Thanks so much for your encouraging words always! Let me know if you guys need anything!
D-Dawg!
Great blog, bro. We like the title. It is making Laura and I want to move back. Great pics. Keep taking adventures while you're out there. Your time in the bay area will be over before you know it (unless God calls you stick around!) Say hi to Jewish Mike for me.
Ryan
Post a Comment