
For Valentine's Day we went to a restaurant in San Francisco called The Cliff House. The first one was built in the late 1800s and was destroyed by fire, as was the second one (the second one survived the 1906 earthquake, only to burn to down the very next year). The third one, which is still standing and the one that we ate in, was built several years after. It sits on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the entrance to the San Francisco Bay. It was dark when we were there so we couldn't see much out of the windows, but I can imagine that in the daytime it is beautiful! The restaurant itself was incredibly fancy (we knew we were a little out of our element when we couldn't even pronounce most of the menu, much less know what it was), but we love new experiences. Daniel even wore his suit for me! This is the first time since our wedding that he has worn a suit! He looked so handsome.
For dessert we ordered a Creme Broulee (the most fabulous dessert on the planet), and then we headed out to the deck to take in some ocean air and enjoy the view. It was quite chilly so we didn't stay out there long, but it was wonderful. How wonderful to have a whole day set aside to celebrating love. All in all we had a spectacular evening!



4 comments:
Hey Caanon! I saw your comment on Tim's blog and cruised on over to yours!
It's great to see you and Daniel (in pictures of course). I'm glad you are having so much fun being married and that you are loving San Fransisco! Isn't it beautiful?
Take care and I'll check back here often!
Shannon
Soooo excited to stumble on to your blog! We miss you guys! Looks like you done good on V-day. I'll be a frequent visitor.
jb
Hey guys! I saw your comment on Tim's blog, too. I love it when friends have blogs and I can stay in touch with them, even though they're far away. It sounds like you guys are doing really well!
I hope you're having a great week!
Sarah
P.S. The bib is so cute! Noelle has a collection of about 30 because she spit up ALL the time!
Wow, y'all just really wanted to make people jealous didn't you?! haha! Just kidding. It look beautiful there and I am glad y'all are having this adventure.
Blessings!
Love,
Karen
Post a Comment